I'm SO excited to bring you my promised new story at last!! I hope you'll enjoy reading Love UnSeen as it unfolds!
A few IMPORTANT things to note about this story:
- Lee has given me permission to post 2 stories on the same day. I had no intention of taking a day from another writer, so Lee suggested I post both my stories on the same day, so that is what I'll do whenever I have a segment of each ready.
- It will most likely not post weekly, or even regularly. This is an experiment for me. I wrote about 1/2 of the draft last November for NaNoWriMo and got stuck. I'm hoping you all will help me finish a draft. So I'll be asking for your feedback, and use that to help me write the next segment. But this means that unlike In/Exhale, I don't have several episodes pre-written and ready to post. Depending on how I'm feeling and what else is going on, it could take a while for me to finish each segment. My goal is to post weekly, but I'm telling you now not to count on it. But I will post on Wednesday Mornings when I do post, and I/E will follow in the afternoon.
- It will be very different from In/Exhale. Good news if you don't like my other story, lol! But even if you do, I hope you'll give Love UnSeen a try anyway. It'll be less dark and melodramatic, and the segments will be shorter.
- The main character is legally blind and also has mild CP. So if either of those things are your thing, you'll probably enjoy this story.
- He's also openly gay. This story WILL feature graphic sex between two men, so if that's not your thing, I'm sorry. Just warning you in advance, but I hope you'll give the story a try anyway!
- I welcome your feedback (constructive criticism)! I'm hoping that with your help I can turn this into a finalized draft that I can ultimately revise and publish into another novel. Please let me know what you like or don't like about the story, what you'd hope to see more (or less) of, what you hope will happen, etc., etc.! I will use your comments to help me when I work on the next segment. (And even if I don't incorporate all your ideas immediately, that doesn't mean they won't eventually work their way into the story when I revise.)
- This is a rough draft. The whole point of this experiment is for me to finish a first draft, so each segment you read will not have the usual laborious polish I put on my other work. It won't be unreadable by any stretch, but keep in mind if there are a few bumps along the way, especially since I'll be writing as I go and new things may pop up that weren't foreshadowed earlier because we discovered it as we went along.
I hope you enjoy this story. I really fell in love with Jackson when I first worked on it last year and have been itching to get it completed.
PS - A new episode of In/Exhale will be posted this afternoon, so don't fret if you're worried about that!